Sunday, October 25, 2015

Prayer Letter - August 2015

Where has more than half of this year gone? Well, mine has gone very well, so far, thanks to the Lord’s mercies, which are new every morning.

I am going to share a “Mimi Moment” with you now: my son, Tommy called me several months ago to inform me that my 16 year-old granddaughter, Lydia Jean, had surrendered her life to the Lord to use her as He would see fit.  On June 2, my ten year-old granddaughter, Sophie, also surrendered to the Lord to serve Him with her life. She has started teaching a children’s class in one of their missions, and won two little girls to the Lord last Thursday. “Thank you, Lord, for Tommy and Mona, and Ulises and Elizabeth, who encourage their children to serve You.”

The Lord opened the door for several ladies from our Church to visit the nursing home here. I was touched by these dear, and sometimes forgotten older people, as I taught them the story of Simeon and Anna, and how they, too, could know the Lord Jesus as they did. About thirty-six years ago, I tried to get permission to simply go and read the Bible for thirty minutes a week in this same Nursing Home, and was refused by the mother superior. The head of the home now is one of our First Ladies (former mayor’s wife), and we have perfect liberty to share the Gospel.





C:\Users\none\Desktop\Samsung photos 2015\20150613_120344.jpg





God is Good!

It has become a tradition now with me: for eight years, I have had the honor of being a part of the Fires of Evangelism Family Conference in Bartlett, Indiana, with Pastor Elmer Fernández. He and his wife, Martha, have become some of my dearest friends. In the month of June, I once again got to speak to six different ladies sessions. I always ask the Lord to prepare my heart to be a blessing to ladies wherever I go. But as always, I am the one who receives the biggest blessings.


I got to spend a week last month in Ixtapa, with Ulises and Elizabeth, and taught their ladies’ Sunday school class. I love seeing how the Lord is blessing their work.

Vacation Bible School is always a special week, and this year was no exception. Our building was filled with children, and thirty of them came to Christ for Salvation.

At our monthly Ladies’ Prayer Breakfast last Wednesday, we had three special ladies in attendance: a councilwoman; a former nun that one of my daughters won to the Lord when they were teenagers; and her mother, who attended our very first Ladies’ Christmas Banquet in 1999. She has promised to attend again this year.

Please pray for our 17th annual Christmas Banquet, November 20. I am sending the prayer request list with this letter, and ask that you take it very seriously during your prayer time.

Your friend,
Billie Sloan  
Nahum 1:7

No comments: